Kambô is the waxy secretion of a giant green tree frog found in South America mainly Peru, Brazil and Columbia along the Amazon River. Kambô is also known by the names Sapo, Dow-kiet, and Phyllomedusa Bicolor. It is used by many tribes such as the Matses, Yawanawa, Kaxinawa, Mayoruna, Katukina, Marubo, Amahuaca, Nukini and Kulina for hundreds of years. It is traditionally used for hunting magic, fertility, sickness, removing panema (negative stuck energy), on a New Moon, infections such as snake bites, or when everything is going wrong. Since it's arrival in the West in 1985 we have been able to study it's chemical make up. Kambô is made up of over 50+ natural peptides that are already found within our bodies. It is administered through the lymphatic system by burning the very first layer of skin approximately 1/4-1/8 of an inch in diameter, the medicine is then placed on this open gate.
The Kambô flows through the body refilling our depleted peptides helping to bring our bodies back to homeostasis. In the Amazon, it is regarded as a medicine however this should not be confused with the western definition of a medicine. Kambô is not a medicine and those that administer it are practitioners and not doctors. The frogs are very passive and are not harmed in the harvesting process. The frogs are not endangered species and do not have any known predators. Their only current threat to this specific species of frog is the destruction of its habitat. There is no way to tell if the frog is being attacked or if other animals are in search of its sacred medicine, considering that everyone lives.
After a ceremony sitting with Kambô most people experience a high amount of energy, clearing of the mind, feeling relaxed and lighter, refreshed and renewed. Some people may experience a need for rest, and should listen to their bodies.
There have been studies that Kambô can help with healing and managing of
- Chronic and Long Term Pain
- Chronic Fatigue
- Lyme Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Repairing the Immune System
- Thyroid Conditions
- Viral Conditions
- Aligning the Chakras
- Decalcifying the Pineal Gland
The following may not safely take Kambô:
- People with serious heart problems
- People who have had a stroke
- People on medication for low blood pressure (this is extremely rare)
- People who’ve had a brain hemorrhage
- People who have aneurysms or blood clots
- People who lack the mental capacity to make the decision to take Kambô
- People with serious mental health problems excluding depression and anxiety
- People undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy for 4 – 6 weeks afterward
- People who take immune-suppressants for an organ transplant
- Women who are pregnant or may be so
- Women who are breast-feeding a child under 6 months old
- People with Addison’s disease
- People with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- People with current and severe Epilepsy
- Are recovering from a major surgical procedure
- Under 18
Caution is also required in the following cases:
- People taking immune-suppressants for auto immune disorders.
- Active drug or alcohol addiction.
- Long term or water fasting for 7 days before or after Kambô other than the required fasting.
- Colonics, Enemas, liver flushes or any water based detox should be avoided within 3 days either side of taking Kambô.
- If someone has taken Bufo 5-MeO-DMT within 28 days.
Because Kambô can cause violent vomiting we need to have some caution around certain conditions that could weaken the Oesophagus/Esophagus. These do not necessarily preclude you from experiencing Kambô but it is advisable to make sure to let your Practitioner know if you have been affected with any of the following:
- Boerhaave’s Syndrome (spontaneous rupture of the oesophagus)
- Severe injury, or trauma to the Oesophagus/Esophagus from endoscopy, or injury to the neck.
- Tumours, or Ulcers in the throat
- Those who have or have had bulimia
- Gastro-intestinal Reflux
- Chronic inflammatory response syndrome due to mold exposure
- Untreated eosinophilic esophagitis
- Oesophagus/Esophagus Varices
- Portal Hypertension
Non refundable deposit is due when booking your ceremony. This deposit will go towards your ceremony. Includes, 2-3 hours of space holding and guardianship, sacred medicines; Sananga, Rapé and Kambô, reiki, water, aftercare including; organic fruit, coconut water, tea, and soup.
Kambo Inoculation3 Private Kambo Ceremonies
Reiki & Kambô Inoculation
Reiki & Sacred Medicine Package with Preparation/Integration
If you are feeling the call and would like to schedule a private ceremony or if you have additional questions please complete the form below.